Thursday, February 2, 2012

Help

As I've said before one of the reasons for this blog is to help keep me accountable.  Last fall I had the privilege of hearing Judy Kennedy speak.  She spoke on the subject of seasons. About how God had reasons for different seasons in your life.  That there is a time to give and a time to receive.  She made a statement that has stuck with me over the these last few months.  "There is nothing you can do to change the season you're in."  I must admit I have wrestled with this statement.  Sometimes I love it and other times I hate it.

You see it was the end of July when the Lord revealed very clearly to my husband and I that it was our time to leave the ministry we were a part of.  We weren't sure what the next step was after this but we knew we needed to be obedient.  This ministry was all we knew as adults.  It had been our lives for the last 14 years.  Some people would tell us don't worry you're being obedient God will show you what is next and it'll be quick. But to my dismay, my fix it you can do anything if you work hard enough self, it has been a time of receiving a season that I cannot change.  I like the giving season and that's where I wanted to stay.  Before I entered this season I could easily judge others in it as lazy.  I have learned that in rushing to fix things on my own I missed out on seeing the faithfulness of God.  I will admit I struggle in this season and I desperately want to do what ever I can to get out it.  As you're reading this, can you see I struggle with PRIDE?  For me stepping out of ministry has been a struggle with title but the only title you need to be in ministry is Christian.  I think sometimes I rushed so much to do "the ministry" I missed the opportunities all around me.

Today I'm struggling.  I want to rush into the next thing that God has for me.  I want to know what it is. I could be content in knowing, but I think God is asking me to be content in Him.  Judy also said "if you rush through your season you'll miss it."  I don't want to miss it.  So I'm going to post some scriptures to encourage myself and anyone else whose struggling with me today.

The title of this is help I'm open to your advice too.

Psalm 46:10 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I willbe exalted in the earth.”



Psalm 37:7

Be still before the LORD
and wait patiently for him; 


1 Peter 5:7
Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.





*****Disclaimer my mom is not here to proof read this please forgive punctuation and spelling*****
Love you Mom

2 comments:

  1. Stacey. I love your heart, and I know where you coming from. I will be praying for you. Praying that when you have the anxiety to 'go ahead' of God, that you will run to Him instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive just learned something new about you... you are a great writer! maybe blogging is your waiting season ministry?! ;) we love you and joey and the girls. We know exactly how you feel. One thing I can say is that the two of you are anything but lazy. I am learning that "waiting" is just as valuable to who we are as doing what "we do". I have wondered and asked God a few times "theres no way we can be done with ministry, right?". I dont want to tell Nova, and any other children we have, what we "used to do", or "who we used to be" for God. I dont want to be a world changer "has been". We will find ministry when the time is right. And you will too. You will find ministry because its who you are. Wise, loving, gracious, giving, that's who you are. I agree with you, I dont want to miss this season. Even though there are days when I dont understand it or dont like it. :) We are with you in our hearts, and we love you very much. xoxo kellie brown~

    ReplyDelete