Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stop

Do you ever have those moments, the moments where there is nothing else you can do?  You've done everything you know to do, and it doesn't change anything.  For the the control freak and workaholic these moments make you crazy because you're so used to "fixing" it,  being the change and making it better.  Have you ever had those moments where it drives you crazy to sit still because you don't ever sit still? These moments are often filled with fear.  Fear because you realize there's nothing more you can do in the situation.  Fear because you know it's out of your hands.  Fear because all you can do is be still and endure the process.  It's in these moments we have prayed and prayed and prayed.

These moments can be overwhelmed with the peace that God is always in control.  He is still on the throne and although life is hard and unfair, He is faithful.  He doesn't promise us that life will be without difficultly, hardship and heartache, but He does promise that He will never leave you nor forsake you. It's in these moments I'm most thankful that people around me STOP.  Although they cannot fix the situation itself, they can lift a prayer when there's nothing left in me to pray;  they can surrender when I'm spent; they fight when I'm defeated and they can hope when I am hopeless.

I have to admit that there are times when I feel so helpless for my friend that I don't want to STOP. What can I do?  There I times I've said I'll be praying for you and I never STOPPED to actually pray.  There are times I've passed up empathy for busyness.  But today I'm asking, will you STOP with me?  Will say a pray for a little boy who needs God's healing hand.  Will you lift up a mother and father who are so tired but are still enduring?   A family whose riding on the prayers of others?  Lets STOP together and pray for the Martinez family and God's healing hand.

Daddy holding baby's hand I'm sure the same way God is holding daddy's hand.

Would you STOP and think is there anyone else who needs my prayers.  And really pray for them.  


4 comments:

  1. Just STOPPED to pray. Believing for a miracle. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dedicating the time for this Stace. To not only stop to pray but to stop and take the additional time to blog about it and ask us join you. I took the time to stop and pray.

    A few years ago, if someone asked for prayer or he felt the need to say I'll pray for you, Randy starting making a point to stop and pray right then with that individual or family. Most often people were a little surprised and also very grateful. It was an opportunity to ask God together and not allow any time to go by. Thanks for the reminder- I think I'll start doing it too. It's important to stop and notice what we do in a day that really will make a difference.

    ReplyDelete