Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's a symptom

Do you ever turn on the TV so you don't have to deal with your thoughts?  It can be a nice distraction at times.  Another diversion I've found is burning the candle at both ends.  As I've said before, I don't believe rushing is the root of the problem I face. Rushing is a symptom. Trying to fix an addiction to rushing through life is like taking Advil to fix a headache caused by your back being out of place.  The headache might go away for a while but the true problem still exists. Sometimes I like to just fix the symptom and not deal with reality. Reality can be overwhelming.  In slowing down I've learned that my reality is to worry. Worry worry worry.  I'm not going to bore you with the list of things I worry about because it could go on forever.  I find this truth discouraging.  I am learning that the opposite of worry is to trust.  I am also learning this is a lot easier said than done.  Because instead of trusting I fill my life with stuff so I feel like I don't have time to worry. Unfortunately this doesn't help anything and usually ends in a bad explosion.  I believe I do this so I don't have to deal with the vulnerability of trusting God.  Yep pretty superficial I know, but it is my reality and I believe that realization is a pretty big step.  I don't like looking at my faults face to face.  But in removing the symptom I gain the chance to learn and change.  I've heard it said "the moment you stop learning is the moment you stop growing." I'm learning to be still and know that He is God.  I'm learning there are things in my life that can no longer be covered by business, or hid by the symptom of going going going.  And I am learning that trust is a moment by moment decision.  


Proverbs 28:25
 A grasping person stirs up trouble, 
 but trust in God brings a sense of well-being. 

1 comment:

  1. I am confident that you have faith that God will always take care of you. (Matt6:33) So for u, I will pray for perseverance. "Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything" James 1:4-5. (Also...Phillipians 4:12-13) YOU CAN DO THIS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete