Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Why Not

Alexandrea woke up a very disappointed little girl. She loves her school and would rather not miss a day. Today of all days was party day and sweet little baby had a fever. As I was trying to console this upset daughter of mine a voice comes from across hall "Alex have a party at home!". Isabella, my on point problem solver, had the whole day planned for her little sister in less than 15mins. Before I dropped Isa off at school I was instructed about what crafts to make, where the supplies were, what toys were to be given as gifts and quizzed on all info given to me. Needless to say Alexandrea and I had a wonderful day. We cuddled, we made cupcakes, gave presents, cuddled, ate, cuddled, did crafts, had a dance party, and cuddled some more. Have I mentioned there's nothing she loves more than to cuddle?
Cupcakes we didn't eat (fever)

So here's my question. Instead of spending all our energy complaining about what life hands us why not plan a party? Life is full of disappoints but I believe it's what we do with those disappointments. Sure you can't always make cupcakes and throw a party but why not make the best of it. I love the quote "An unhappy person usually needs a change of heart rather than a change of circumstance." So this week with detours and hard ships ask yourself why not? Are you going to let your circumstances steal a great moment or can you make the best of it?

1 comment: