Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First things First

Well, it's the beginning of a new year. A chance to evaluate the good and bad things of the past year. An opportunity to keep the good and end the unnecessary. And I personally want to pinpoint a mentality of rush in my own life. But I don't believe that the source of rushing is a hurry problem I believe it's an identity problem. If you are like me you can easily find purpose in your to do list. Number one key to end the cycle of rushing is seek our Creator. To realize our purpose is not found in everything we accomplish, in checking off our to do list or to get something before our competition wether it be the promotion, the newest trend, or being the best parent. One of my biggest reasons for rush is to feel better about myself. To be able to say look at all I'm doing. I must be important. We can be so worried about about how we appear. But the truth is that He has a reason for everyday. He has a purpose for each moment. We miss it in our rush. In what we've filled our life with. Instead of seeking Him we've found our false identity in a lot of other things that leave us running around crazy.

So I guess the last thing to pounder is who/what sits on the throne of your life. Is it your spouse or your kids? Is it the "the Jone's," are trying to keep up? What about your job? A cup of coffee? Could it be your tv shows or a game station? What about sleep and rest? Its not that any of these things are bad. Its just they can never fill a void that only God can sustain. My husband always says who/what sits on your throne is what orders your life. It's what you go to bed thinking about. It's the first thing that comes to mind when you open your eyes. I don't know about you but I would like the God who created me to be the one ordering my life.

A Scripture to consider
People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. "Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes. (Matthew 6:32-34 MSG)

1 comment: