Sunday, January 1, 2012

Driving Me Crazy!!

Happy New Years!!! It's 2012 and I pray your year is full of God's Blessing.  So far my News Years weekend has been full of driving.  After driving from Dallas to Lubbock yesterday and about to return to Dallas today I have a confession..... Driving is not one of my fortes. I'll be the first to admit I can give into road rage at any moment. I only like to drive when I feel the need to be in control. Most of the time I like to get from point A to point B in the fastest way possible. For someone who has a hard time sitting still car rides are just not my cup of tea. I really think rushing through life has more to do with your mentality than your actual circumstance. When I'm in a rush I tend to be more irritable and frustrated. And usually when in the car I choose to rush. I have come to realize that I'm in the car most of the time and most of that time I have my daughters undivided attention. So basically they get to witness this beautiful display of irritation. 

Now I have to say I married a man who loves a drive and I'm very thankful the girls have taken on his opinion. To them there is no better way to enjoy a car ride than with a refreshing drink and a song list you can't do anything but sing along to at the top of your lungs and if you got the moves you better show them.

A challenge to my fellow Road Ragers 
...... Enjoy the drive .....

Beautiful West Texas Sunset

Wether you use the car time already given to you or choose to just take a drive. Use it as a time to catch up with your kids, a phone call to an old friend (hands free if at all possible and of coarse no texting), a prayer (it's always appropriate to have a conversation with our creator), to get by yourself to reflect, a scenic route to explore, or an Alcala favourite ...... a concert.

If you need some help preparing for this event I've included our list of favs

Starbucks water 



Stacey
Drink of Choice - Starbucks Water
Song of Choice - Fishing in the Dark - Nitty Gritty Drit Band
Drive of Choice - Must include a body of water



Enjoying his Drive of Choice


Joey
Drink of Choice - Iced Coffee
Song of Choice - Knee Deep - Zache Brown Band
Drive of Choice - Any West Texas Road





"It was enchanted to me you ohh"



Isabella
Drink of Choice - QT Slushie 
Song of Choice - Enchanted - Taylor Swift
Drive of Choice - Going Home


"One Day I'll be livin in a big ol city"



Alexandrea
Drink of Choice - Gaterade or Slushie
Song of Choice - Mean - Taylor Swift
Drive of Choice - To School










On the side of the road cleaning up spilt fruit punch
about to change Alexandrea's clothes
15 mins in to our trip

Post Texas a wrong turn lets add 15 minutes to the trip 
Finally going the right way. Isa loves singing with Joey  


Of coarse I'd love to hear from you??? What's your song where's your drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment