Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Not Today

Yesterday I woke up with my to do list in my head. My incredible neighbor and I get together every Tuesday. We rotate houses and baking, it was my turn. The plan was to go to work, pick up Alexandrea, stop by the grocery store, bake some scones, wipe down the kitchen, hide the piles and piles of laundry (our washing machine is broken), prep dinner for bbq, hang out with my neighbor, clean the bathrooms, eat dinner, work out, put the girls to bed watch biggest loser and head to bed myself.

I realized these plans might be changing at about 2:10 when I decided the best place for Alexandrea and I was to take cover at her school because of the tornados hitting the dfw area. Joey was working till 3 and was going to pick up Isa when he got off. I called Isabella's school and was reassured that she was safe and in the best place at her school. In the next hour I was told many different things like twisters were on there way through. When I heard there were tornado clouds forming a little north of us I immediately began to worry about my sweet Isabella. My husband was now off work and on his way to get her. At this point I was told there's an opening before another storm was coming. Alexandrea and I got in the car and headed home to meet Joey and Isa. There was major sigh of relief to all be safe, together and at home.

At this moment my to do list changed to cuddling on the couch and watching a movie as a family, sticking soup mix in a pot, enjoying dinner together, laying down with our girls till they fell asleep in our arms and thanking God for another day. Sometimes you just got to look at your to do list and say NOT TODAY, there's more important things to do.


There is so many different reports of how many tornados
touched down, most of the damage was in the south of DFW


This is in Forney we have incredible friends there who have
opened there church for disaster relief with the red cross



If you want to help in any way you can find them on Facebook
at MustangCreek CommunityChurch




This is not fact but I have heard that there was 19 twisters that touched down.  I am thankful to God that there were no fatalities. Please join in prayer with me for the many people and families that have lost so much and for strength for those who are helping.  

No comments:

Post a Comment