Monday, April 30, 2012

The Shove

Have you ever watched a four year old at her birthday party?  Alexandrea was full of excitement.  One of my favourite times was when she opened her presents.  She would open one and try to appreciate it as much as possible before her sister shoved another one in her face.  "Open this one, open this one!"
Isn't that how life is sometimes?  We are trying to appreciate some of God's blessings or lessons and something is shoved in front of us to move on.

My little Monkey is Four

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to an incredible women's conference with one of my dearest friends.  There were so many highlights, experiences and life changing moments.  What's funny to me is how easy I started forget.  I mean I had a house to clean, laundry to do and grocery shopping.  It's back to work,  teacher appreciation for the girls, and I cannot let another day pass before signing them up for all their summer festivities.  Before I knew it the conference is out sight out of mind.  Life had shoved it's do list to the front of my line.  So I would like to take a moment and reflect on one of those life changing moments.  I became a huge fan of Andy Andrews.  He shared with us a statement that enlightened him. "People move from Almost to Almost.  I almost had a great marriage, I almost loved my job, I almost fill in the blank - Almost to Almost.  Almost happens when people force answers before they exist.  Sometimes God is not trying to give you answers He's trying to give you perspective."

In this time of uncertainty in our lives I don't want to force answers that don't yet exist.  So many people are asking us what's next but all I know is God in His sovereignty has perfect timing.  I don't need to figure out the answer, He has it.  What I need to do is learn the lesson He is trying to teach me and trust Him.

Tangie and I at the conference 
The girls got to come too.

Matthew 6:31-33

 "What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax, to not be so preoccupied with getting, so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment