Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Yo-Yo

The last two weeks have gone from high to low on repeat.  This is usually a sign that my focus is off.  We had a wonderful vacation in Arizona for spring break.  There were so many moments. You know the moments that you don't want to get pinched in case it's a dream.  There were life long friend moments, staying up talking till 1am, laughing, crying, remembering and dreaming. Sweet times of apologizes and forgiveness. There were kids everywhere, laughter and squeals of delight, peace in chaos.  It was full of people.  I'll take it.  Moments your so thankful for the relationship your kids have with your parents.  There were even quiet moments.  You know life is good when you can sit still and not be overcome by insecurity and fear.

Love these Ladies
So fun
We came back and BOOM.  I would like to say it's been one of those days but more like one of those weeks.  You know those weeks when the grass is greener on the other side.  When what we have is not enough.  When complaints flow like a fountain and gratitude is no where to be found.  Yep I'm having one of those. The kinda week where no one can do right.  The world is unfair and I just want to stay in bed, watch tv and eat ice-cream.  Since that cannot be reality I am forced to deal with this attitude.

It's always good to slow down and think about what you're thankful for.  But I wouldn't stop there.  There is a hole in all of us that can only be fulfilled but the Lord.  I can always tell when I try to satisfy this need with people, possessions and circumstances.  

1 comment:

  1. Love this. I can relate with the yo-yo...mine is like a roller coaster i don't want to be on anymore...LOL...love ya Stace i sure do miss all those family moments...=)

    ReplyDelete